2021 U.S. Senior Amateur Championship
I desire and agree to provide certain services on a volunteer basis to the United States Golf Association and to engage in activities related to serving as a volunteer (“Volunteer Services”). I understand that, by clicking "I Agree" (or my parent/guardian clicking "I Agree", in case I am under 18 years old), I am releasing and forever discharging and holding harmless the United States Golf Association, a nonprofit corporation organized and existing under the laws of the State of Delaware, and each of its directors, officers, employees, vendors, contractors, affiliates, agents, sponsors and co-sponsors, and corporate partners (collectively, the “USGA”) as well as the applicable host club where the Volunteer Services shall be performed (the “Host Club”), as follows:
- Acknowledgement: I understand and acknowledge that the scope of my relationship with USGA is limited to a volunteer position and that no compensation is expected in return for my services; that USGA will not provide me with any benefits traditionally associated with employment; and that I am responsible for my own insurance coverage in the event of personal injury or illness as a result of my Volunteer Services.
Waiver and Release: I release and forever discharge and hold harmless USGA, Host Club and their successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind of nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from the Volunteer Services I provide to USGA (“Release”). I understand and acknowledge that this Release discharges USGA and Host Club from any liability or claim that I may have against USGA and/or Host Club with respect to bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from the services I provide to USGA or occurring while I am providing Volunteer Services.
- Insurance: I understand that USGA and Host Club do not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide me with financial or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health, or disability benefits or insurance. I expressly waive any such claim for compensation or liability on the part of USGA and Host Club.
- Medical Treatment: I hereby Release and forever discharge USGA and Host Club from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first-aid treatment or other medical services rendered in connection with an emergency during my tenure as a volunteer with USGA.
- Assumption of Risk: I understand that the services I provide to USGA may include activities that may be hazardous to me, including inherently dangerous activities. As a volunteer, I hereby expressly assume risk of injury or harm from these activities and release USGA and Host Club from all liability.
- Photo/Video Release: I grant and convey to USGA all right, title, and interests in any and all photographs, images, video, or audio recordings of me or my likeness made by USGA in connection with my providing Volunteer Services to USGA, and agree that the USGA may use such material for any lawful purpose.
- Other: As a volunteer, I expressly agree that this Release and Waiver of Liability is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by law and that this agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State in which my Volunteer Services are provided. I agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this agreement is deemed invalid, the enforceability of the remaining provisions of this agreement shall not be affected. If the services are provided in California, I understand and hereby agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States are hereby expressly waived. That section reads as follows: "1542. Certain claims not affected by general release. A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor."
By clicking “I Agree”, I acknowledge that I am willingly and voluntarily accepting the terms set forth in this Release and Waiver of Liability.