I desire and agree to provide certain services on a volunteer basis to the The Ridgewood Country Club and Arcola Country Club and to engage in activities related to serving as a volunteer (“Volunteer Services”) in connection with the 2022 U.S. Amateur Championship (the “Championship”) conducted by the United States Golf Association (“USGA”). I understand that, by signing below (or my parent/guardian signing below, in case I am under 18 years old), I am releasing and forever discharging and holding harmless the USGA, a Delaware non-profit corporation, and The Ridgewood Country Club and Arcola Country Club, corporations organized and existing under the laws of the State of New Jersey, and each of its directors, officers, employees, vendors, contractors, affiliates, agents, sponsors and co-sponsors, and corporate partners (collectively, “The Clubs”), as follows:
- Acknowledgement: I understand and acknowledge that the scope of my relationship with THE CLUBS and the USGA is limited to a volunteer position and that no compensation is expected in return for my services; that neither THE CLUBS nor the USGA will provide me with any benefits traditionally associated with employment; and that I am responsible for my own insurance coverage in the event of personal injury or illness as a result of my Volunteer Services.
- WAIVER AND RELEASE: I RELEASE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE CLUBS, THE USGA AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, AND DEMANDS OF WHATEVER KIND OF NATURE, EITHER IN LAW OR IN EQUITY, WHICH ARISE OR MAY HEREAFTER ARISE FROM THE VOLUNTEER SERVICES I PROVIDE TO THE CLUBS AND/OR THE USGA (“RELEASE”). I UNDERSTAND AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THIS RELEASE DISCHARGES THE CLUBS AND THE USGA FROM ANY LIABILITY OR CLAIM THAT I MAY HAVE AGAINST THE CLUBS AND/OR THE USGA WITH RESPECT TO BODILY INJURY, PERSONAL INJURY, ILLNESS, DEATH, OR PROPERTY DAMAGE THAT MAY RESULT FROM THE SERVICES I PROVIDE TO THE CLUBS AND/OR THE USGA OR OCCURRING WHILE I AM PROVIDING VOLUNTEER SERVICES.
- Insurance: I understand that THE CLUBS and the USGA do not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide me with financial or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health, or disability benefits or insurance. I expressly waive any such claim for compensation or liability on the part of THE CLUBS or the USGA.
- Medical Treatment: I hereby Release and forever discharge THE CLUBS and the USGA from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first-aid treatment or other medical services rendered in connection with an emergency during my tenure as a volunteer with THE CLUBS.
- Assumption of Risk: I understand that the services I provide to THE CLUBS may include activities that may be hazardous to me, including inherently dangerous activities. As a volunteer, I hereby expressly assume risk of injury or harm from these activities and Release THE CLUBS and the USGA from all liability.
- Photo/Video Release: I grant and convey to THE CLUBS and the USGA all right, title, and interests in any and all photographs, images, video, or audio recordings of me or my likeness made by THE CLUBS or the USGA in connection with my providing Volunteer Services to THE CLUBS, and agree that THE CLUBS and the USGA may use such material for any lawful purpose.
- OTHER: AS A VOLUNTEER, I EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY IS INTENDED TO BE AS BROAD AND INCLUSIVE AS PERMITTED BY LAW AND THAT THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND INTERPRETED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY. I AGREE THAT IN THE EVENT THAT ANY CLAUSE OR PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT IS DEEMED INVALID, THE ENFORCEABILITY OF THE REMAINING PROVISIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT SHALL NOT BE AFFECTED.
My agreement on the signup page indicates my acknowledgement that THE CLUBS and/or the USGA may undertake an official background (check/review). It also confirms my understanding that my volunteer position is not guaranteed, nor if granted, guaranteed for any length of time and that THE CLUBS and/or the USGA may deny or end my volunteer opportunity at any time, for any reason, with or without prior notice. I acknowledge that I have reviewed this application and understand its terms, in particular, that I have chosen to apply for a volunteering position with the knowledge that I will not be compensated in monetary wages or any other form. I hereby agree that any current or future controversy or claim between me and THE CLUBS and/or the USGA arising out of or relating to my volunteer activities must be submitted for confidential, final and binding resolution by a private and impartial arbitrator to be jointly selected by me and THE CLUBS or the USGA, as applicable, from a list of neutral arbitrators provided by Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc. (JAMS), in accordance with the then-current JAMS rules and procedures. I further agree that the arbitrator shall have the power to award any remedies, available under applicable law, and the arbitration shall take place in a location chosen by mutual written agreement. In agreeing to submit all disputes for resolution by arbitration, I acknowledge that such agreement is given in exchange for rights or benefits to which I am not otherwise entitled—namely, being permitted to volunteer at the 2022 U.S. Amateur Championship and the more expeditious and confidential resolution of any such disputes. By signing this agreement, I hereby waive my right to commence, or be a party to, any class or collective claims or to bring jointly any claim against THE CLUBS and/or the USGA with any other person. My signature below further acknowledges that my attendance at the championship as a spectator shall be subject to all the terms and conditions set forth in the 2022 U.S. Amateur Championship spectator policy.
BY AGREEING ON THE SIGNUP PAGE, I EXPRESS MY UNDERSTANDING AND INTENT TO ENTER INTO THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY WILLINGLY AND VOLUNTARILY.