INDY 2021 VOLUNTEER WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITYVOLUNTEER WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY,
IN CONSIDERATION FOR
ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
the opportunity to serve as a Volunteer during the Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama presented by America’s First (the “Event”)
; I, for myself and on behalf of my spouse, children, heirs, parents, guardians, next of kin, legal and personal representatives, executors, administrators, successors and assigns (collectively, “I”, “me” or “my”)
freely agree to the following terms pursuant to this Volunteer Waiver and Release of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement (the “Agreement”);
1. I warrant that (i) I am at least eighteen (18) years of age or older; (ii) I am in excellent health
with no mental, physical or medical conditions which would impair, prevent or prohibit me from safely serving as a Volunteer for the Event; and (iii) I am not under the influence of alcohol or any illicit or prescription drugs
which would in any way impair my ability to serve as a Volunteer for the Event.
2. I agree that it is my responsibility to be familiar with my duties as a Volunteer and to abide by the Rules and Regulations established for the Event.
I hereby agree to perform all of my Volunteer duties in a professional and highly competent manner, to the best and full limit of my abilities at all times and in accordance with applicable law. I shall promptly and faithfully comply with all reasonable instructions, directions, requests, rules and regulations of the Event Organizers. I understand that situations may arise during the Event which may be beyond the immediate control of the Event Organizers. I hereby accept responsibility for my own conduct and actions while serving as a Volunteer in connection with the Event.
3. I fully realize and accept that as a result of my participation as a Volunteer during the Event, I may sustain severe and permanent physical or mental injury, property damage, financial loss or other damages. I willingly, expressly and unconditionally assume all such risks and dangers associated with my participation as a Volunteer for the Event, whether known or unknown, seen or unforeseen, directly related to or incidental to the Event and any activity associated therewith.
4. To the fullest extent permitted by law, I hereby Release, Waive and Covenant Not to Sue,
and further agree to Indemnify, Defend and Hold Harmless the following parties: Barber Motorsports Park, LLC, Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum, Barber Motorsports Park 2, LLC, Barber Motorsports Park 3, LLC, Team Barber, LLC, George W. Barber, Jr., INDYCAR, LLC, Andersen Promotions, LLC, The International Motorsports Association, American Honda Motor Co., Inc., Tram Rental, LLC, Bruno Hospitality, LLC, Five Star Event Catering, LLC, Bruno Event Team, L.L.C., Zoom Motorsports, L.L.C., Ronald G. Bruno, Gene M. Hallman, Jr., together with each of their affiliates (including any officers, directors, stockholders, employees, members, managers, servants and agents of their affiliates), officers, directors, stockholders, employees, members, managers, servants and agents, with respect to any liability, claim(s), demand(s), cause(s) of action, damage(s), loss or expense (including court costs and attorneys fees) of any kind or nature (“Liability”)
arising out of or related to this Agreement or my participation as a Volunteer during the Event, including claims for Liability caused in whole or in part by the negligent acts or omissions of the Released Parties. I further agree that if, despite this Agreement, I, or anyone on the my behalf, makes a claim for Liability against any of the Released Parties, I will indemnify, defend and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any such Liabilities which any may be incurred as the result of such claim.
5. In consideration of and as a prerequisite to my participation as a volunteer, I expressly assume all risks incident to the Event and my attendance at the Event, including risks related to the virus known as COVID-19. I acknowledge that by entering the premises and participating in the Event that there are risks to me and to those with whom I interact of exposure, directly or indirectly, to communicable diseases including but not limited to COVID-19. I acknowledge that COVID-19 is extremely contagious and that despite measures implemented by Event Organizers to help mitigate the risk of transmission, the elimination of risk of exposure and infection to COVID-19 is not currently possible. I assume all such risks and release and discharge the Indemnified Parties from any and all claims for liability for personal injury or illness (including death) or property damage that I may suffer related to the volunteer work or service, whether or not on the premises or at the facility. Volunteers accept full responsibility for the costs of treatment for any illness and/or injury or damages suffered while volunteering in connection with the Event.
6. I hereby warrant that I have read this Agreement carefully, understand its terms and conditions, acknowledge that I will be giving up substantial legal rights by signing it, and intend for my signature to serve as confirmation of my complete and unconditional acceptance of the terms, conditions and provisions of this Agreement. This Agreement represents the complete understanding between me and the Event Organizers regarding these issues and no oral representations, statements or inducements have been made apart from this Agreement. If any portion of this Agreement is held to be unenforceable, invalid or overly broad, I agree that the remaining terms and provisions of this Agreement will continue in full legal force and effect.
ADDITIONAL VOLUNTEER TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
By checking this box I agree to the following Volunteer Terms and Conditions:
Age: You must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for a volunteer position at the event.
Shift Hours: Volunteer duties are applicable before, during and after the event. You will be notified of the shifts (service hours) that you will be required to complete. You will also be notified as to whom you will report (Committee Chairman). You may be required to attend scheduled trainings and briefings (if any). You will be informed of the location and time of any training(s) and briefing(s) well in advance.
Dress Code: As a volunteer you will receive a uniform (consisting of a volunteer shirt and headwear) and a volunteer credential, which are to be worn at all times during your shift. Your uniform and credential are NOT transferable and, if lost, will not be replaced. You will be responsible for the maintenance, cleanliness and laundry of your own volunteer clothing. Khaki or black bottoms are required to be worn while on duty. Sandals and open toed shoes are not permitted. Closed toe shoes only.
Safety: We take pride in observing high standards of safety throughout the event. As a member of the volunteer team, we ask you to comply with all safety requirements associated with your volunteer position and support related policies and procedures. Please follow the Committee Chairman’s instructions with respect to safety at all times. Volunteers should communicate any and all problems, conflicts or suggestions (safety or otherwise) to the Committee Chairman. Eligibility: Volunteers are subject to verification of eligibility by background and/or reference checks. You may not be eligible to volunteer in the future or may be dismissed during the event for (but not limited to) the following:
Consumption/being under the influence of alcohol or drugs while on duty.
Insubordination, abuse or mistreatment of participants, fans, event staff, visitors, guests or other volunteers.
Failure to abide by facility or event policies and procedures.
Failure to complete your shift(s) as directed by your Committee Chairman.
Allowing another person to use your volunteer credential.
Entering restricted areas without proper credentials.
Not being punctual and/or leaving your post unattended.
Dismissal will not entitle any volunteer to a refund of the payment for the Volunteer Package.
Use of Trademarks: Volunteers may not use the event name or logo, website content, written agreement or any material or publication that carries the event marks in any way without written permission of Indycar.
Volunteer Credential Terms: You grant permission to Indycar, ZOOM, Barbers Motorsports Park, and Anderson Promotions to utilize your image or likeness incidental to any live or recorded television or other transmission or reproduction, or in any photograph or other visual or audible medium whatsoever, in whole or in part of the event. You agree not to transmit or facilitate transmission of any account, description, picture, or reproduction of the event. Soliciting autographs from participants with intent to sell is prohibited. You hereby consent to the reasonable inspection of your person and property before entering the facility or while attending the event, which inspection may include, without limitation, metal detection. You agree to abide by all rules and regulations established by Barber Motorsports Park and ZOOM and agree that a violation of any rules or regulations can be cause for forfeiture of your volunteer credential and your removal from the facility. The rules include, but are not limited to: the speed limit in the facility is restricted to 15 mph (5 mph in the paddock); spectators and volunteers are requested to park and use the trams that will be in operation or walk to the many viewing areas; all personal vehicles must be street legal, licensed and operated by a licensed driver; spectators and volunteers are not permitted the use of 4 wheelers, dirt bikes or other unlicensed motorbikes of any type anywhere at the facility; all drivers/riders of pit vehicles must carry a valid driver’s license; minors are prohibited from operating bicycles at any time anywhere at the facility; no skateboards, roller skates, roller blades, razor scooters, or any similar type items are allowed anywhere at the facility; no pets shall be allowed, except those required to assist handicapped individuals; no fireworks, firearms, or weapons allowed; no scaffolding; no roping off areas; no distilled spirits; no glass containers. Resale of the volunteer credential is not permitted. It is unlawful to reproduce the volunteer credential. We reserve the right to revoke this credential and cancel all privileges connected therein.