Barbasol Volunteer Agreement
We are delighted to engage you (the "Volunteer") to provide assistance as a Volunteer in connection with the 2022 Barbasol Championship (“Barbasol”) Golf Tournament on July 7-10, 2022, upon the terms and subject to the conditions set out within this Code (“Volunteer Code”). We are committed to providing volunteers with a supportive environment. This document sets out what we can each reasonably expect from your volunteering role. We hope that you will find your volunteer experience enjoyable and rewarding.
Volunteers for the Barbasol event must be at least 16 years of age as of 7/1/2022 to be considered for a volunteer position at the Tournament. Volunteers ages 16 to 18 will be able to participate in select committees with Parental Consent. Some positions require a minimum of 25 years of age.
Volunteers are asked for a minimum commitment of (3) three shifts, each shift is approximately of 7 to 8 hours. Volunteers will be able and encouraged to take additional shifts if desired.
3. Committee Assignment
After successfully completing your registration, you will be notified of your specific assigned committee and to whom you will report to (Committee Chairperson/Captain). Depending on your assigned committee you may be required and asked to attend scheduled trainings.
4. Training and Orientation
We will also have a Volunteer Webpage where we will share specifics about our event like parking, operating hours, schedule of events, etc. This information will also be posted in our Volunteer Website as it becomes available so, please check it out periodically. Volunteers from certain Committees such as Walking Scorers and hospitality will be asked to attend a scheduled training. You will be informed via email of the location and time of any training(s) in advance. Training schedule will also be posted on the Volunteer Webpage.
5. Supervision and Support
During your volunteering experience please feel free to discuss any problems, complaints and/or suggestions you might have with your chairperson, any member of the Tournament Staff or directly with the Barbasol Volunteer Coordinators. If you have any problems, concerns, or complaints before the event, please email: Volunteer Coordinator
Please give us as much notice as possible if your plans change and you are unable to volunteer when expected or if you want to stop volunteering during the event by logging into your volunteer account and updating your availability.
6. Volunteer Package and Fee
The 2022 Barbasol Volunteer Package is priced at $35 and includes the following:
• Barbasol/Commonwealth Credit Union logoed Volunteer Bag
• Official Barbasol logoed Golf Shirt
• Official Barbasol logoed Golf Hat/Visor/Bucket Hat
• Breakfast, Lunch & Snacks on your workdays
• Invitation to our Volunteer Appreciation Party
• Volunteers confirmed for a minimum of 3 shifts are eligible to receive up to two (2) ground tickets per tournament day (ie 2 for thursday, 2 for friday, 2 for saturday and 2 for sunday)
* Please note that at this time we are NOT offering the option or including a free round of golf. We are actively negotiating with the Golf club on a possible date or discount for a round of golf for any volunteers working a minimum of 3 shifts. Any developments will be announced prior to our tournament.
7. Golf Cart Acknowledgement/Waiver
Golf carts are specifically used for the transportation of persons but are used for utility purposes as well. Recognizing that golf carts are moving vehicles we have established safety rules and procedures for the safe operation of these vehicles. Volunteers must be 18 years old to operate a golf cart transporting supplies and 25 years old to transport passengers. Volunteers using a golf cart will be required to sign a separate Golf Cart Safety Training Acknowledgement and Liability Release prior to operating the golf cart.
As a volunteer for the Barbasol Championship 2022, I promise to:
• Be present and on time for each shift assigned to me. If I have a problem or being on time with my assignment or shift, I will immediately notify my Chair, Captain or Director in advance. If I fail to show up, I understand I will not be allowed to return as a volunteer in future years
• Wear my uniform for each shift. The uniform consists of the Barbasol official shirt, hat, comfortable shoes, and Grey colour pants, golf shorts or skirt.
• Pay attention to play activity on the course and not interfere
• Be an example of good behaviour for our spectators and to follow our procedures and standards, including health and safety.
• Always act professional
• Pick up trash in my vicinity
• Stay outside the ropes when off duty
• Contact my Chair/Captain, Tournament Staff or Tournament Security if presented with a problem by any spectator or if I see something wrong or dangerous.
• NOT seek autographs or pictures while performing my duties or wearing my uniform. I understand that seeking autographs while working will mean I will not be allowed to return as a volunteer in future years
• NOT smoke or drink alcoholic beverages while working or using my uniform
• NOT initiate conversation with any player. You are allowed to speak when spoken to first.
• NOT walk on the putting greens
• NOT use foul or profane language
9. COVID-19 Safety Acknowledgment
In connection with your volunteer activities, including the activities of an underage volunteer (“Minor”) for whom consent is given as such Minor’s legal guardian, volunteers and applicable legal guardians (“Volunteers”) agree and understand that presence during the Championship (the “Facility”) and any volunteer work or services performed for the Tournament, the Facility, PGA TOUR, the title sponsor (if any), the host organization, and their affiliates and subsidiaries as well as their respective officers, directors, agents, members, employees and officials as well as any other volunteer (collectively, “Indemnified Parties”) may expose volunteers to unknown and unanticipated risks of harm or injury. In particular, I acknowledge I have received and read the “Specific Notice Regarding COVID-19 to Volunteers” provided to me.
In consideration of and as a prerequisite to participation as a volunteer, volunteers and legal guardians on behalf of Minors acknowledge that such risks exist, assume all such risks including all risks related to COVID-19, and release and discharge the Indemnified Parties from any and all claims for liability for personal injury or illness (including death) or property damage that such volunteers or Minors may suffer while performing the volunteer work or service, whether or not on the premises of the Facility, including, without limitation, any claim arising out of any condition of the premises owned by the Facility or used by PGA TOUR for, or conduct of any person during preparation, supervision or conduct of, the Championship or any practice round or activity related to it. Volunteers accept full responsibility for the costs of treatment for any illness and/or injury or damages suffered while volunteering in connection with the Championship. Volunteers acknowledge having read this release and agree to be bound by the terms set forth herein in consideration for performing volunteer services.
Volunteer Waiver & Release
In consideration of the Barbasol Championship allowing me the opportunity to participate as a Volunteer without any monetary compensation in the Barbasol Championship 2022 (“Activity”), I hereby accept and agree to the following terms and conditions:
I understand and hereby assume any and all risks associated with my participation in the Activity, including but not limited to the risks of personal injury, bodily injury, illness, paralysis, disability, or death and any damage to or loss of property. I release the Barbasol Championship as well as any other related person or entity located in the Keene Trace Facilities; Global Golf Management, SPORTFIVE, PGA TOUR Inc., and any other sponsor of the event and their respective representatives, agents, employees, officers and any subsidiaries, or affiliates of the foregoing entities; participating players, and all agents thereof from any and all liabilities resulting from such cases.
I hereby grant permission for the Barbasol Championship or its authorized representatives to arrange for emergency medical treatment and/or transport on my behalf if medical attention is deemed necessary and appropriate by such parties. I hereby agree to pay the costs of any such treatment or transport arranged on my behalf.
I hereby grant permission for the Barbasol Championship or its sponsors, without request for compensation of any kind, the perpetual, worldwide rights to take both visual and/or audio recordings, still pictures, and other media records of me during my participation as a volunteer in the Activity. I understand these recordings, pictures, and media may be used in various types of programming, promotional/marketing materials, and others media for the purpose of advertising, marketing and/or promoting the Barbasol Championship or any of its subsidiaries and sponsors. I understand and agree that if any term or condition in this form is found by a court of law to be unenforceable of invalid, that shall not affect the other terms or conditions of this form, which shall remain binding and enforceable.
INTEGRITY PROGRAM: The PGA TOUR Integrity Program is intended to maintain integrity and prevent being-related corruption in PGA TOUR competitions. Each volunteer is subject to the terms of the PGA TOUR Integrity Program Manual (the “Integrity Program Manual”). The Integrity Program Manual, among other things: prohibits volunteers from betting on the Tournament and providing inside information to third parties for purposes of betting and the Tournament; and requires volunteers to report any violations of the Integrity Program Manual to the TOUR. A violation of the Integrity Program may result in dismissal from volunteering for the Tournament, among other consequences. By proceeding with your registration you accept and acknowledge abiding by these terms and conditions.
By continuing with the registration process and completing the online registration, you will be deemed to have electronically signed and agreed to the terms of this Volunteering Engagement and that you will follow the guidelines stated in the Volunteer Handbook. This will confirm that you understand and agree to comply with the terms of this Volunteering Engagement.